kidneys are one of the most important organs in the human body. Here is a brief overview of the procedure for those considering surgery for kidney stones in Mexico.
Low cost treatments, first-class health facilities, and expert doctors are are just some of the reasons behind the increasing popularity of health-related tourism in Mexico, specifically among Americans and Canadians. In case there is those suffering from severe symptoms of kidney stones, one of the feasible treatments is kidney stone removal in Mexico.
What is Kidney Stone Removal?
Kidney Stones are small calcium rock-like solids that can be formed anywhere in your urinary system. It is more common to find them in your kidneys than in any other location of the urinary system. This stones can be as large as 6 cm or as small as .5 cm and they can be formed in multiple areas.. You will notice you have kidney stones mainly after pain during urination and it is recommended to get tested immediately to determine the size and location of the stone(s) to remove it before it gets bigger or complicated. Not removing a kidney stone can cause kidney permanent failure which can lead to death. A great recommendation to avoid future kidney stone issues is to drink plenty of water and perform moderate daily exercise.
Three Main Techniques for Kidney Stone Treatment
- Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL) is the most frequently used procedure for the treatment of kidney stones. Works by focusing intense sound waves on the stone, causing the stone to shatter while minimizing the effect on surrounding tissue. The small pieces of stone then wash out of the kidney with normal urine flow, usually with little or no discomfort.
- Ureteroscopy may be needed for mid- and lower-ureteral stones; no incision is made in this procedure. Instead, the surgeon passes a small fiberoptic instrument called a ureteroscope through the urethra and bladder into the ureter.
- Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy is recommended to remove a stone, being often used when the stone is quite large or in a location that does not allow effective use of ESWL.
Kidney Stones Removal Package in Mexico
Kidney Stones Removal is a non-surgical procedure to treat kidney stones, gallbladder stones, or stones found in the urinary bladder or ureters and even the liver. If you’ve ever experienced the pain of such blockages, you should know about this procedure. Lithotripsy is considered one of the safest and most effective methods of treating kidney stones, whether they’re formed by a buildup of calcium or sodium deposits. Each has the potential to block passageways and cause mild to extreme pain.
The lithotripsy procedure effectively disintegrates/dissolves/fragments kidney or gallbladder stones through shock wave therapy, reducing pain and allows adequate excretion of urine out of the body. Fragmenting calcium, stones, sodium deposits or stones such as gall stones enables them to pass through the bile duct (in the case the gallbladder; ureters in the case of kidney stones), and then to be excreted out of the body in the urine flow.
Considering some of you might be flying from long distances, we provide ground transportation from San Diego, CA airport and/or Yuma, AZ airport (round trip). We also provide personal pick up from your home or any particular location if you are located anywhere within 130 miles from Mexicali, BC Mexico. All ground transportation while you are in Mexicali is also provided from the Hospital, Hotel, Doctor’s office, and/or pharmacy.
Included in The Package
The surgical package includes the following:
- All pre-operative testing and exams
- All related surgical costs: surgeons, anesthesia, equipment, hospital stay, nursing care
- All surgeon consultations
- X night stay at Mexicali Health Care
- X night stay at local hotel
- Ground transportation to and from the hospital from the Yuma or San Diego Airport
- Necessary transportation between hospital and hotel
Price for Kidney Stone Surgical
Medical checkups, preventive care, specialized surgery and the recovery process of our tourists, are promoted and monitored with warmth and professionalism of our service during your entire trip, making your stay comfortable and safe in our country, while saving a lot of money. For example, costs for kidney stone treatments start from $3,500 USD, while in USA the same treatment starts from $6,000 USD.